|1913 Metz "22"|
This two-passenger roadster was built by the Metz Co in Waltham Massachusetts. It was powered by a 22 horsepower 4 cylinder engine linked to a friction drive. Its advertisement read; "The Gearless Car, No clutch to slip - No gears to strip". In 1913, this car sold for about $ 475. An electric starter, electric head lights, electric side lights, electric dash and tail lights brought the cost to $ 600. Metz automobiles were built until 1922 after which the name was changed to the Waltham.
This roadster was donated to the CTRC by Mr. Brattmiller of Groveland California in memory of his wife Cleo.
This antique vehicle can be seen at the Trolley Barn on the grounds of the History Museums of San Jose, 1600 Senter Road, San Jose, California, 95112. This car is the property of the California Trolley and Railroad Corporation.